[geeks] IDE on an AXi ?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 17:16:54 CDT 2002

Have you tried any generic IDE controller cards? I bet they are plain
enough that they might work...

I wonder if any Solaris 8-supported x86 IDE controllers would work in a
SPARC box? (Assuming IDE support pretty robust in SPARC port due to
IDE-base "blades" and other such boxen)

You could always try and trade it for a U5 or U10 IDE-based machine...

(Has Joshua been messing with your keyboard (realaly)? ;^)

Lionel
--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> I've got an AXi machine.. Anybody know of a way to use *IDE* drives
> in this thing?
>
> I need cheap capacity (IDE) over performance (SCSI).  Right now I've
> got a dual-channel PCI diff. controller and a D1000 hanging off it,
> but what I realaly need to do is replace all that with one large
> IDE drive..

=====
Lionel