[geeks] Linux 2.5

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Oct 31 09:24:09 CST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 09:17:58AM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2002.10.30 22:08 Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > It appears from reports that ISAPNP support is much saner and no
> > longer requires futzing with userspace config programs
> Hahahaha. How long has FreeBSD a working ISAPnP? 5 years? NetBSD adopted
> it soon... (Don't know about OpenBSD) Wow. And now the Penguin Toy (C)
> (R) (TM).
> Yes, I don't like Linux. Ohhh, sh... I see the next OS-war coming. ;-)

Hmm, I never knew that *BSD had that feature.  For the most part, I'm
over ISA now, but I don't have a lot of spare PCI NICs yet, and high
quality PCI sound cards still are kinda pricey, where as I have a pair
of rather nice ISA sound cards I'd like to be able to keep using a while
longer.

--
Joshua D. Boyd