[geeks] Linux 2.5

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Oct 30 17:31:18 CST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:26:48AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 October 2002 9:39 pm, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I've known people to have trouble with reiserfs
>
> I've heard of significant problems with reiserfs, but never experienced
> any. I personally believe those problems were due to a "bad" release of
> reiserfs.
>
> I did quite a bit of testing of reiserfs before using it on my web cache
> cluster, and it's now been in production for 6 months with never a
> glitch (or not a filesystem one).

The main guy I knew using it finally chucked it as a problem between the
raid controller, lvm, and reiserfs.  I believe he said he thought he'd
use ext3fs next, but I left before he got to it.  I guess this was about
2 years ago though, so probably not fair to still hold it against
reiserfs.

> > and xfs and jfs.  I
>
> To be honest, you'll probably find people who've had problems with every
> filesystem if you hunt hard enough.

Probably.  This is just what I come across without hunting though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd