[geeks] Ping...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Oct 30 05:48:19 CST 2002

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:42:56AM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> Just because you've got an education and see yourself as being a professional
> doesn't mean that your employers will treat you with the respect you deserve.

Exactly.  Layoffs at $work on Monday (which affected me), were all about
MONEY and the quarterly results/reports due Tuesday morning, and at least
the VPs admitted to this..

(you know its not about performance when they lay off the only CCIE working
 in the networking department, the guy who runs the Exchange servers, and
 one of THREE unix admins in the entire company..)

I dont expect the company to last long after this, at least not their
Austin division.  They simply dont have enough personnel to keep running,
even at "some projects will be put in standby/maintenance-only" mode.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net