[geeks] Ping...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 06:21:18 CST 2002

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:42:56AM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> > Just because you've got an education and see yourself as being a
> > professional doesn't mean that your employers will treat you with
> > the respect you deserve.
>
> Exactly.  Layoffs at $work on Monday (which affected me), were all
> about MONEY and the quarterly results/reports due Tuesday morning,
> and at least the VPs admitted to this..

Everything in a company is about MONEY. IF it wasn't, they would call
it a charity...

Sorry, don't mean to push any buttons, I know some folks here are in
bad situations through no fault of their own, but what - does the
comany owe you a paycheck until they go under? They probably believe
that if they didn't have the layoffs, the comany would go under, but if
they have the layofs, they might be able to save the company.

Ultimately, your career is your responsibility.

Lionel

=====
Lionel

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now