[geeks] Ping...

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Oct 30 05:42:56 CST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:37:49PM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Most "geeks" I know do quite well, have nice benefits, and some even
> enjoy their jobs. What would a union offer a "geek" (taken to mean a
> college educated, or equiv. exp. professional) other than an additional
> deduction from their paycheck?

Lots of stuff.  Legal advice when $employer fucks you over.  The possibility
of collective bargaining (which can get you a *lot* more than individual
bargaining can, when used at the right time).  And so on.

Just because you've got an education and see yourself as being a professional
doesn't mean that your employers will treat you with the respect you deserve.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

      Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups
                                            -- anon