[geeks] Hershey 3D

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Oct 27 00:00:55 CDT 2002

Went to Hershey's Chocolate World today, and found that they now have a
"3D" show (as opposed to their old show/tour thing which was really 3D
versus fake 3D).

It was interesting.  First, I found that polarized glasses are better
then red/blue glasses, but not as great as shutter goggles.

2nd, they had rain effects, which were surprisingly effective.

3rd, the seats were rumble seats, which was as cheap a trick as always,
though it got started yells from significant numbers in the theater.

4th, it featured an effect that was supposed to be rats running back
through the theater.  Some of my companions that something came out and
actually hit their legs going by, but I tried to argue that it was
probably compressed air.  Any one know which it would be?  It seems to
me that they can't really do anything else safely or as effectively.
And it was a rather effective trick.

Finally, the whole thing was nifty, but I doubt it will move past the
gimick stage ever, but I could be wrong.

--
Joshua D. Boyd