[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Oct 23 00:30:29 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, October 23, 2002, at 12:50 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   A used school bus...that would rock.

Especially a "wired" schoolbus (or should I say "wireless"?)

>   I actually considered buying it at one point.  My rationale was
> simple: with such a vehicle, you wouldn't have to go to the
> party...the party could come to YOU! :-)

I think one could make a pretty wild party vehicle with a school bus,
and pretty cheaply.  That's not my plan, but it does sound like a fun
direction.  I'm thinking more along the lines of hitting the road for
awhile and residing on the bus for extended periods.  Sounds crazy but
I guess not too crazy since the wife bought in on the idea.

There is some converted schoolbus in Cali that has a crazy web site,
went to Burning Man, etc. but the URL & name eludes me at the moment.
It's more of a geek party bus, with crew members haphazardly joining
and leaving and fulfilling certain jobs within the rolling community.

Chris Hedemark
Hillsborough, NC
http://yonderway.com