[geeks] fujitsu sparc clones

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Oct 15 09:40:51 CDT 2002

[ On Monday, October 14, 2002 at 21:09:39 (-0500), Mike Ekholm wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] fujitsu sparc clones
>
> Someone from our internal finance team brought in Fujitsu to do a
> presentation on their sparc based hardware. I was wondering if anyone
> has had experience with the fujitsu sparc clones, and what their impressions
> of the hardware, software compatibility and support services are.

I did some porting to Fujitsu stuff a very long time ago, back when an
SS20 was hot news.

But back at that time Fujitsu was making bigger servers (running SysVr4,
and though I don't remember which CPU they had, it may not even have
been SPARC) and they were just selling Sun workstations, not even
"re-badged" IIRC.

> I have found very little information on the Internet so far, so at this
> point I have very little to go on.

I suspect you're referring to the primepower systems.

You probably won't find much in the way of end-user commentary unless
you read Japanese, or unless you trust the Fujitsu supplied docs.

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>