[geeks] fujitsu sparc clones

Stefan Molnar stefan at csudsu.com
Mon Oct 14 22:31:23 CDT 2002

Well the current Fuji hardware is not a clone exactly but it's own ultra
sparc "flavor"  Taho's line etc are sun4us.   For some time you needed to
run a Fuji based Solaris to actully run it, but with Sol7 MU3 all the bits
were added into the solaris releases to support sun4u nativly.  You must
install Full + OEM to get all the needed hooks.   I was with SunSoft doing
the testing with the Fuji's so below is a pick of the Taho 3 boxes I had
to beat on.   Normal software should not need a recomple, except those
that like to deal with kernel bits, like ipfilter, top, etc.

http://www.csudsu.com/~stefan/e6k-fuji.jpg