[geeks] DNS/Speakeasy DSL question...

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Fri Oct 4 02:54:13 CDT 2002

Mike Hebel wrote:

> Also if they have a policy against allowing customers control of Reverse
> DNS does that mean that they only allow hosting a domain through them?

I don't know anything about Speakeasy, but my question to you is this: When
you say no customer control of reverse DNS do you mean that they won't
delegate authority to you, or are they not even willing to do the reverse
to your hostnames (that you tell them what they are)? The few times I've
had a subnet of static IPs the ISPs have always been willing to change the
reverse DNS to the hostnames I've supplied them.
--
-Mike