[geeks] Be

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jun 28 14:29:11 CDT 2002

OK, I just read the register article that Josh linked earlier, and I
have to say I am surprised.

I figured after selling off Be for 11M, after Apple had offered him
hundredsM a few years ago would make JLG crawl in a hole somewhere and
pout, especially since the sale was less than a year after he tried to
convince the world that BeOS should own both ends of multimedia
pipes,(Content creation and embedded set top)  I guess some of these
guys just plain can't be stopped.

I think he has picked the wrong market or at least delayed to long
again.  Last time around he tried taking on some combination of
Apple/SGI/Amiga territory, but didn't really make a dent, this time he
is gonna take on the Evil Empire on handhelds, and I think he is gonna
get stomped again.  Too bad, I'd like to see an alternative to Linux or
WinCE on handhelds, and PalmOS just isn't it.

Oh well, I'll keep my PalmOS Handera cause it works good for reading
books and carrying personal info, and leave all that cool whizbang
multimedia junk to people who can afford it.

Tim