[geeks] baby stuff

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 28 07:21:18 CDT 2002

From: "David Cantrell" <david at cantrell.org.uk>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 06:14:36AM -0500, Amy wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, David Cantrell wrote:
> > > Yay for the National Health Service!
> > I've heard both good and bad things about the NHS. Some like it, some say
> > it's impossible to get decent treatment. :)
>
> Like all large bodies, they sometimes fuck up.  And, of course, the vast
> majority of cases where nothing goes wrong aren't interesting enough to
> make headlines.  However, the number of times they fuck up does seem to be
> pretty damned low.
>
> Neither I, my family, nor anyone I know has complained about the service.

I concur. The NHS is a Good Thing. It does seem to be suffering at the moment
in terms of organisation and funding but it's better than nothing.

I gladly pay my taxes for it. I'd gladly pay more if I knew they'd be handled
and distributed in ways I thought appropriate rather than pissed up the wall.

Will.