[geeks] Tools (Was Adventure in A/C)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 18 09:20:23 CDT 2002

"Fogg, James" wrote:

> I found the ultimate method of getting a spousal unit to agree to a whopper
> budget for tools. We were going to remodel our house in PA. I said "we can
> save tons if we do it ourselves, but I need $3K for tools". It worked, I
> have *tools*, and the house got remodeled (I wanted to DIY it anyways).

Congrasts!  That's how I justify all my new tool purchases.  The kitchen
and bathroom turned out so well that I can pretty much get whatever I
want - as long as it contributes to The Cause :)

> Now I've started making simple furniture, but the budget hasn't increased (I
> *really* want a commercial planer and panelsaw). Maybe I should point out
> how we've saved thousands on furniture?

Good luck.  The large and expensive power tools are always a hard sell.
I'm still fighting for a lathe so that I can turn chair/table legs.  I
don't see it in the budget for a very long time...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com