[geeks] Tools (Was Adventure in A/C)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 18 08:46:24 CDT 2002

I found the ultimate method of getting a spousal unit to agree to a whopper
budget for tools. We were going to remodel our house in PA. I said "we can
save tons if we do it ourselves, but I need $3K for tools". It worked, I
have *tools*, and the house got remodeled (I wanted to DIY it anyways).

Now I've started making simple furniture, but the budget hasn't increased (I
*really* want a commercial planer and panelsaw). Maybe I should point out
how we've saved thousands on furniture?

~ >  All of these have been gone a really long time, but I can bring
~ >  myself
~ > to get rid of the tools. You never know when you might find
~ a fellow
~ > 1962 FIAT driver in need of a front suspension bushing press tool.