[geeks] New toys...

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Jun 15 22:39:11 CDT 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> In the "cool" (literally) category, Chan and I picked up a panasonic
> 7800btu AC for my den.  Nice - remote control, digital, and with a great
> filter - $209 at Fry's after rebates.  We also got a sliding-window
> mount kit, so we will be futzing around with that tonight.

We recently went and replaced our old AC unit in the bedroom with one of
the newer remote-controlled ones...it's so much nicer :) The remote rules,
too. No more gripey-ness from whoever gets picked to adjust it anymore
after we're all settled and comfortable.

As for how we spent our day, well, Bill went to BBQ with Steven and messed
around a bit with the new arrays, we both marveled at this morning's
rainstorm, and I spent the rest of the day feeling miserable (until about
8pm, when I broke down and went to the mall for some Godiva dark chocolate
goodness).

Standard Saturday stuff, high excitement ;)

--a