[geeks] New toys...

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Sat Jun 15 22:50:01 CDT 2002

> We recently went and replaced our old AC unit in the bedroom with one of
> the newer remote-controlled ones...it's so much nicer :) The remote rules,
> too. No more gripey-ness from whoever gets picked to adjust it anymore
> after we're all settled and comfortable.

Heh. When I was in Hong Kong for a bit, I had to suffer one of the
really noisy window air cons. This was like almost 10 years ago now.
Noisy as hell, but you would be soaked if you didn't cool and
dehumidify. Then there was getting to sleep...

> As for how we spent our day, well, Bill went to BBQ with Steven and messed
> around a bit with the new arrays, we both marveled at this morning's
> rainstorm, and I spent the rest of the day feeling miserable (until about
> 8pm, when I broke down and went to the mall for some Godiva dark chocolate
> goodness).

Mmmm Rudy's.

Hope you're feeling better Amy.

This talk of chocolate makes me want to head down to Fiesta and buy
some Cadbury's... :-)

The rain was quite amusing... I was cursing being at the office this
morning, and they were watering the grass at 11:30, just as it was
starting to get really warm. It started raining, what, 30 - 45 minutes
later... Tsk.

Amusingly enough, I was rear ended on the way back from the office. I
stopped for beer at Grapevine. Mmm Warsteiner, and was stationary at
the lights on Anderson / Spicewood. I was looking in my rearview at a
cute girl in a smallish white car that had stopped behind me. She
rolled forward a little... Then she rolled forward some more. *crunch*
I rolled forward and she sort of waved. It was so light it wasn't
possible for her to have damaged my car.

I am kicking myself for not demanding her phone number though.

Ho Hum

S.

--
Steven Hill