Playstation thru O2 (was [geeks] Bad Juju tonite...)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jun 10 09:25:25 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:02:27AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Time Base Corrector.  Serves two purposes.  1) Sync multiple video
> > sources together. 2) repair damaged timecode.
>
> AH!  I get it.  Expensive?

New they are.  Sometimes good prices are available on used ones, but
ever since the bargain video mixers like videonics started building
TBCs into their devices, stand alone ones have become hard to find.

The two I've used both were made to go in a computer and required an
ISA slot (one just drew power from the computer and had it's own
control box, the other drew power from the computer, and was
controlled by the computer via a serial cable.  Yes, it was in and ISA
slot, and still you had to take one of you computers serial ports to
control this TBC.).  There are standalone models.

> > > Logically it should work, no?  RCA out to the O2, start up the videoin
> > > app and play?
> >
> > Well, it's not like to takes more than 5 minutes to try it.
> >

> I just tried it with Gran Turismo 2 and it works acceptable for menus,
> car/track selection, but the instant you start a race, the videoin panel
> goes blank.  Sound still works (obviously) but no picture.  Must be
> resolution, vertical sync, or something.
>
> Gonna try and figger this out...

There are some notes about this problem on the net somewhere.  Perhaps
try google groups.  There has to be some way to correct the signal
enough to work happily.

--
Joshua D. Boyd