[geeks] Non-computer mailing lists

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Tue Jan 29 21:19:50 CST 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I'm trying to find a couple good lists for Honda Sabres and Suzuki
> Volusias - so that I can see what owners are saying about them before I
> decide to buy.

My last bike was a V65 Sabre, after the Triumph. It actually belonged to
Marc, the friend who was shot. When it happened, I adopted his dog and
bought his bike.

It was an awesome bike. That's really all there is to say. I've really
never ridden a nicer bike. Extraordinarilly comfortable, even on long
rides. I like the seating position. It's upright, and doesn't hurt my
back. And talk about power. Hoo boy, more power than I knew what to do
with. If I could find one now, I'd somehow convince my wife.

It was stolen once, but they couldn't get the kryptonite off, so they
left it in the alley behind my house. I installed a kill switch to
prevent that from recurring.

Unfortunately, it did happen again, but this time they couldn't find the
switch, so couldn't start it. Frustrated apparently, the thieves took a
sledgehammer to the bike, and demolished it almost beyond recognition.
Fucking neanderthals.

All in all, a definite buy. Do it.

---sambo