[geeks] Non-computer mailing lists

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jan 30 12:14:52 CST 2002

> > I'm trying to find a couple good lists for Honda Sabres and Suzuki
> > Volusias - so that I can see what owners are saying about them before I
> > decide to buy.
>
> My last bike was a V65 Sabre, after the Triumph. It actually belonged to
> Marc, the friend who was shot. When it happened, I adopted his dog and
> bought his bike.

This one?
http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/milestonemodels/1984v65sabre/

Ahh, yes.  Back when high-performance bikes didn't require curling up into a
fetal position on top of egg-shaped bodywork.  The V-Max was another one,
and it still beats the bejeezus out of all the other "power" cruisers out
there.

This one:
http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/models/2002/index.html?model_number=VT1100C2
is the current Sabre model that I'm looking at getting.  Maybe.  If my wife
lets me.  This is gonna require lots of jewelery :)

There's also the Volusia
http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_02/cruiser/fs_intvol.htm
I like this frame/body style a little better, but at 800cc it's a little
underpowered for my weight.

> It was stolen once, but they couldn't get the kryptonite off, so they
> left it in the alley behind my house. I installed a kill switch to
> prevent that from recurring.

A friend has an alarm on his bike that has a little pager.  Whenever someone
touches his bike, his pager goes off and he goes running.  It's a pretty
cool little unit.

Kurt