[geeks] Plasic casings

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jan 21 14:20:47 CST 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Big Endian wrote:
> so what?  I've got a bare SBC that I'm trying to build a case for.
> Its likely to be clear, thin (1/4-1/8") plastic.  Also if you've ever
> met me in real life I dress kind of "hackish".  (for those of you who
> *DO* know me I'm likely to mount this thing on the right shoulder
> thingie on my vest).

Oh? You're into wearables? Nifty. I read an article about a guy who had
several wearable PCs, a 56K DSY modem with a KPC9612 backup, infrared
communications links inside of the hallways to his office to relay
position/comm information, etc.

At the time a 386 on a PCMCIA looking card cost $5K, IIRC.

-----