[geeks] home equipment inventories

William S. wilby98 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 07:50:26 CST 2002

Lately I have been visiting my local discount cd/vhs/dvd
stores and seeing much less space devoted to video
tapes. Perhaps I am one of the few still to be without
a DVD player but I have been holding back on getting a
home system because I know once I open that "door", I
will be spending more $ on media to watch with it.
I usually go out once a week to the movie theater
and enjoy the "experience" of seeing in a full sized
theater. Of course, one has to put up with the other
distractions like kids and adults getting loud or
misbehaving but for the most part it is decent at the theater
I go to. Can't stop the film though if I want to make a run
to the toilet, which is an inconvenience. Ever since a friend
in the states got a home theater, he (and wife and 3 kids) have
been staying in to watch at home rather then go to a theater.
I guess if you add it up it can get expensive to buy the tickets,
popcorn, etc..

Bill
Amsterdam, NL