[geeks] Email experts?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Wed Jan 9 10:57:10 CST 2002

s at avoidant.org wrote:

> So what if the incoming mail were handed to procmail, which then puts it
> in seperate queues based on recipient, which seperate queues are
> processed seperately? That way mail in the "send immediately" queue
> isn't held up by stuff waiting to go to the .gov servers.

'K, so sendmail 8.12.1 apparently runs the incoming and outgoing mail
through seperate daemons. With that in mind, this all becomes a trivial
exercise to have seperate instances of the outgoing daemon processing
the seperate queues.

It's what I get paid by $EMPLOYER to do, and would happily do it for you
if I had the time. Unfortunately, I don't at the moment, but if you can
wait...

---sambo