[geeks] Email experts?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Wed Jan 9 10:45:52 CST 2002

Big Endian wrote:

> I have a machine that relays mail from our application servers to the
> world.  We need to be able to make user bound email (reciepts and

'K, so the relay acepts mail from the others and passes it along...

So what if the incoming mail were handed to procmail, which then puts it
in seperate queues based on recipient, which seperate queues are
processed seperately? That way mail in the "send immediately" queue
isn't held up by stuff waiting to go to the .gov servers.

I haven't done anything like this, but it doesn't really seem all that
difficult. Not sure of your timeframe, but if it can wait a bit, I'll
see what I can come up with.

--sambo
procmail chef