[geeks] Email experts?

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 10:38:15 CST 2002

>I didn't realize you meant *outgoing* mail. What exactly do you want to
>do? I missed something, apparently.

I have a machine that relays mail from our application servers to the
world.  We need to be able to make user bound email (reciepts and
confirmations and such ala ebay/amazon/etc) go out almost
instantaneously.  However the other 66% of our traffic is bound for
about 10 very overloaded domains in .gov land.  I'm trying to add
priority capabilities to the mail queueing system.  The system needs
to be scaleable to 300k total messages a day.  100k of those need to
be gone within 5 minutes.

daniel