[geeks] home equipment inventories

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Wed Jan 9 10:01:42 CST 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Ken Hansen wrote:
> weekend party in her house, then set it on fire on the way out. the
> house was a complete loss. You'd be suprised at what you really have,
> and what it would cost.

good thing we dont throw wild parties and invite stupid people over and
good thing that i know the replacement values on everything i own then, eh?

> For example, what would it cost to replace *all* your underwear, all
> your pants & shirts, jackets, and shoes?

bout 800. you can stop with the disaster scenerio bullshit, cause my mom
sold insurance for more than 28 years. i've heard much better sales
pitches from her and they were also more believable.

> you could burn through $2K in no time (do you want to go without shoes
> for two weeks waiting for a sale on shoes?)...

thats grossly overstated.

> My point, simply, is that you are not massively over-insured, you sound
> like you have the right amount of insurance.

so glad you approve of my home insurance policy rates, ken.

> You'd be amazed at what insurance does and does not cover when faced with a
> huge loss.

no i wouldnt.

> You should, in my opinion, choose an insurance company based on how they
> treat claimants, not on their rate alone...

no shit, sherlock.

> I don't need it defined, but you might want to establish it as a legal
> entity, since if it is not defined, it's losses/liabilities would fall
> to you personally I suspect (But, IANAL)...

thats right, you're not a lawyer, its a hobby, and your opinion is
absolutely unneeded.

--a