[geeks] Rack envy

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 12:02:53 CST 2002

[ On Sunday, January 6, 2002 at 00:15:39 (-0800), Geoff Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] Rack envy
>
> Anyone know of a source for generic rack shelves?  I need to try to find
> out who the )(*#@$%()@# manu'd this rack I have so I can get shelves for it....

Any place that retails Chatsworth, Knurr, Homaco, Bee-Line, Rittal,
Emcore, Amco, etc. cabinets and racks should have shelves available.
19" shelves are all pretty generic, except maybe for the style of
mounting (though most any will fit any style of rail).

I don't know where you are located, or what type rack you've got
(manufacturer type is less important than what type of rails it has,
whether it's actually a four-post cabinet, or just two rails, etc.) so I
can't suggest anything much more.

I did have a generic center-mount shelf that had ears too wide to fit on
the front of any of my cabinets because they wouldn't go past the front
posts.  (I was hoping to use it as a terminal tray, with the front
sticking out for the keyboard.)

--
								Greg A. Woods