[geeks] Rack envy

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 04:29:17 CST 2002

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Geoff Reed wrote:
> Anyone know of a source for generic rack shelves?  I need to try to find
> out who the )(*#@$%()@# manu'd this rack I have so I can get shelves for it....

Lowe's / Home Depot. A 4x8 sheet of plywood can be cut into (6) shelves
and the remainders can be cut to make another 1+1/2. They stock slotted
steel 1+1/2" L angles at a 5' length; they cut down almost perfectly to
reach from the front of the rack to the back.

I'd suggest bolting the plywood to the angles as well -- it has a tendency
to slide since the steel is shipped oiled.

-----