[geeks] Resolutions?

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 10:08:08 CST 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Kyle Webb wrote:
> I again resolved to not eat persimmons this year. I've resolved that every
> year for the last 30 years or so, and have yet to break it. ;)
>
> (Like Huck Finn and Jim, it helps that I don't particularly like
> persimmons, and not many of them grow in Central Illinois.)

We have (1) gnarly old persimmon tree in our yard, seems like the onle one
in the neighborhood. It dispenses fruit every year. I've tried one and I
couldn't get the taste out of my mouth. Those type of persimmon's ain't
fer eating like apples.

My mother parked her no-so-recently repainted LTD under the tree and the
persimmons ate the paint. There was no clear coat on top of the paint
(paint was $90, the clearcoat was $180 alone). but it stripped it pretty
damn good.

-----