[geeks] Resolutions?

Kyle Webb geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 09:55:56 CST 2002

At 11:57 PM 12/31/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Well, since I can't resist the keyboard (it's quiet out here, Wast Coast
>new years' is really odd.), I have to ask if anybody has any major
>resolutions for the new year.

I again resolved to not eat persimmons this year. I've resolved that every
year for the last 30 years or so, and have yet to break it. ;)

(Like Huck Finn and Jim, it helps that I don't particularly like
persimmons, and not many of them grow in Central Illinois.)

Seriously, I've found that one of the best ways to insure that I'll break a
vow is to make it a New Years Resolution.
The fitness clubs get large numbers of memberships bought at this time of
year by people who show up once or twice, so I'm not alone in that.

Kyle L. Webb