[geeks] Stupid people rant

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Tue Feb 12 18:56:27 CST 2002

David Cantrell wrote:

> How odd, I don't have a Fedex account, and when furriners send me stuff by
> Fedex it gets delivered along with an invoice for the import duty.  Which
> I have never paid because I never agreed to pay Fedexes handling charges :-)
>
> But the people who've shipped me stuff have never ended up paying for it
> either.  I guess Fedex just eat the charge cos it's not worth chasing up.

Interestingly, I have a FedEx account, and have never been billed for
charges supposedly charged to my account. I've sent a number of
packages, and not one received a bill. I've even gone in to the office
to ask, and they tell me I have no outstanding balance. I stopped using
it because I was concerned that I'd get one massive bill 5 years down
the road. But now it's been over 5 years and no bill.

---sambo