[geeks] Stupid people rant

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Feb 12 17:21:57 CST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 04:35:02PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> Well that is all fine if the person on the recieving end is clueful and has an
> account set up with a large carrier. I have been fist fsck'ed by FedEx when
> they billed ME for the bloody taxes on several shipments to Canada since the
> recipient did not have a FedEx account.

How odd, I don't have a Fedex account, and when furriners send me stuff by
Fedex it gets delivered along with an invoice for the import duty.  Which
I have never paid because I never agreed to pay Fedexes handling charges :-)

But the people who've shipped me stuff have never ended up paying for it
either.  I guess Fedex just eat the charge cos it's not worth chasing up.

> the other thing is customs. they hold things up and I get yelled at.
> <crybaby>Where's my widget! Waaaaa!!</crybaby>

" Here's the tracking number, oh look, $carrier says customs are dicking
  about with it.  Please moan at your elected representative " :-)

             If a job's worth doing, it's worth dieing for