[geeks] G1's and other mainframey goodness WasCompuholics anonymous

sambo s at avoidant.org
Tue Apr 30 08:39:27 CDT 2002

Alex wrote:

>gun (he says I think that its a WWII browning full auto) is "de
>weaponized," which means that it would be difficult to make into a
>functioning weapon.

it means the receiver has been removed or replaced with a non-functional
one. You can buy all sorts of exotic weapons that way. The sad part is, they
still cost $$$ Check out http://www.sportsmansguide.com. I put
"demilitarized" in the search box and it popped up a nice selection,
including a Mauser light machine gun and a bazooka.

> He does drive it around on the freeway and stuff though.

Cool. When I lived in LA, I had a friend who drove a big old station wagon.
It was built like a tank, and we figured what the hell... went to a surplus
store and bought a Browning mount and bolted it to the roof just forward of
the rear window. Not quite the same effect, but it was pretty funny.

---sambo