Dresscode (WAS) "this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Sat Apr 27 07:43:11 CDT 2002

JFogg at vicinity.com writes:

>Our company's dress code is "you must be dressed". The minimum is shirt and
>shorts, shoes optional (and they usually are not worn). The business end
>(and CEO!) of the shop wears jeans and a decent button shirt. The
>salesweasels aren't much different, but thats about to change with the new
>VP of sales (former IBM salesleader who wears a suit and wants his guys to
>also).

>With regard to salesweasels, I rather like the feeling of sitting in front
>of a salespitch from a suit while looking like I climbed out of the pool a
>few minutes ago. It totally short-circuits all the sales posturing and
>bullshit attitude because the weasel can't get past my apparent projected
>apathy.

My job is half-factory, half-office, so I can get away with dressing
for the factory side. What I really like however, is I have my own
room in the factory area of the building, and I can get away with
listening to *anything*, at high volume.

Nile, The Locust, Diamanda Galas, whatever.

Awesome.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------