Dresscode (WAS) "this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 27 08:20:57 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 04:25:05AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:

> Our company's dress code is "you must be dressed". The minimum is shirt and
> shorts, shoes optional (and they usually are not worn). The business end
> (and CEO!) of the shop wears jeans and a decent button shirt. The
> salesweasels aren't much different, but thats about to change with the new
> VP of sales (former IBM salesleader who wears a suit and wants his guys to
> also).

one of the things i missed about half.com was the dress code.  i wore (every
day) no shoes, cut off jean shorts and a t-shirt.  the best part was that at
that point half.com was still in the business suite with 40 other companies.
i got the best stares from the other company employees as i walked through the
building.  ;)

i wish that place didn't suck so much, i did really enjoy working there.

> With regard to salesweasels, I rather like the feeling of sitting in front
> of a salespitch from a suit while looking like I climbed out of the pool a
> few minutes ago. It totally short-circuits all the sales posturing and
> bullshit attitude because the weasel can't get past my apparent projected
> apathy.

the sales rep from HDS said, "I wish *I* could dress like that."

-brian
--
"He's hopped up on caffeine. He has the strength of ten mice."  -PVP