Dresscode (WAS) "this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 27 06:25:05 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Steven Hill [mailto:sjh at matrix.net]
~
~ > >  ... it's very corporate. Dress code is insane.
~ http://catonic.net/dress
~ > >
~ >
~ > Oh fuck, dude!  I wore my NRA t-shirt, a pair of dirty
~ ripped jeans, and
~ > a set of cheap Vans knockoffs to work today.
~ >
~ > I am so fucked if this company goes under....

I regularly wear my Dilbert Tshirt showing Dogbert with bat-in-hand walking
away from a beaten PC saying "the networks down, but I'm feeling much
better".

Our company's dress code is "you must be dressed". The minimum is shirt and
shorts, shoes optional (and they usually are not worn). The business end
(and CEO!) of the shop wears jeans and a decent button shirt. The
salesweasels aren't much different, but thats about to change with the new
VP of sales (former IBM salesleader who wears a suit and wants his guys to
also).

With regard to salesweasels, I rather like the feeling of sitting in front
of a salespitch from a suit while looking like I climbed out of the pool a
few minutes ago. It totally short-circuits all the sales posturing and
bullshit attitude because the weasel can't get past my apparent projected
apathy.