"this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Apr 27 01:47:10 CDT 2002

If they're a non-profit private college, as most faith based schools are
then that's pretty standard unfortunately. Public colleges and for profit
private colleges are a little better depending on the are you are in but not
much.

A guy I know works at Brandeis, and the head of IT there is on the same
organizational level as the head of building maintenance, only he manages
fewer people so he gets less money.

As far as the traditional academic world is concerned, as well as Law Firms,
accountancy firms etc... IT people are essentially glorified blue collar
workers.

Chris Byrne