"this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sat Apr 27 01:31:41 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 21:04, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > KH> Holy Moses in a chicken bucket!  Talk about RAPE!!!
> >
> > Unfortunately Kurt that's what the going rate is for a lot of people
> > these days regardless of skills/experience.
> >

> That's totally fucking wrong.  I don't care what the excuse is.  What
> the fuck is WRONG with companies?  You don't just go and take ADVANTAGE
> of people like that.

Oh, you most certainly do, especially if you're a private Christian
college.  Except that they fuck you over even worse than that.  The
manager of the tech department there makes, hmm, $33k, the guy who runs
the phone system makes less than $30k.  They cannot get paid any more
than that, under the organizations pay structure.  Bastards.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.