[geeks] Inventories and Wish Lists (again)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Apr 23 09:48:53 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 06:58:56PM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:

> 1 DEC PWS 433AU, 256mb, 2x4.3gig, Powerstorm 4d50, No OS currently
[...]
> 512mb for the DEC, and an OpenVMS package
1. 256 MB is not bad.
2. This machine eats ordinary PeeCee DIMMs, PC100, 3.3V, unbuffered,
   ECC, max. module size 256MB in pairs of identical DIMMs.
   Additional 512MB for my 500au cost about 140,-EUR last October.
3. OpenVMS is free for hobbyists. You must be DECUS member, than
   you can get a free licence.

> A physically small but relatively powerful VAX of some kind, again just cuz
> I've always wanted one
Look for a VAX 4000/1xx or a MicroVAX 3100/9x or a VAXstation 4000/9x.
Desktop machines, the first two have a QBus adapter, but no frame
buffer, vice versa for the VAXstation. QBus cards go in an additional
desk side cabinet.
--

tsch,
         Jochen