[geeks] Inventories and Wish Lists (again)

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Mon Apr 22 18:01:04 CDT 2002

chris at chrisbyrne.com writes:

>Well since we've all been talking about what kind of hardware (IBM this
>time) we have, and we want I think it's time to update those inventories and
>wish lists again.

My fastest computer at home is an RS/6000 Powerserver 930. (25 Mhz POWER)
I use that and a pair of SS2s (in third party rack cases) as my main machine.
I sit in front of a 19" 1280x1024 *mono* NCD x-terminal. I have a 8-bit
colour one as well, but mono is better.

Want list:

	PDP-1

	X terminal with 24 bit colour. (So I can calibrate it.)

	More Sun-4/300 boards so I can fill up my x/x80 VME chassis
	with a nice slow cluster.

>And on the more esoteric side I'd really love a thinking machine. Any
>thinking machine. Because I want one and they're cool. I dont think I'm
>smart enough to actually do anything useful with it. I wouldnt use it as a
>computer, more as a piece of art.

The CM-2A is insanely cool looking.

I don't think any modern machine looks as good as the big iron from
the 40s - 60s though.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------