[geeks] Okay, I relent.

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sun Apr 21 14:44:08 CDT 2002

> > I've always had good success installing RedHat, with the latest versions
> > installing and upgrading without any problems.
>
> You're about the only person who has managed that then :-)

I know quite a few people that install and upgrade without
any problems.  I've got RedHat installed on three different
systems and none of them had any problems.

> > > Now, to get PCMCIA working so I can pop an 802.11b card in this bad boy and
> > > put it on my coffee table.
> > If PCMCIA didn't work after install I wouldn't say Debian installs
> > without a hitch.
>
> Last time I installed Debian on a box which had PCMCIA, it was an optional
> extra which I added later.

I don't consider PCMCIA to be optional on a system with PCMCIA.

> > Debian is also a PITA to get an ISO image, since you have to
> > use theirs tools to build your own official ISO.
>
> This is untrue.

That's not what I saw the last few times I wanted to download
the ISO from Debian's site.

> > The politics make Debian the OpenBSD of the Linux distributions,
> > too.
>
> Balls.  It's *much* easier to ignore the politics with Debian.

Debian is still political, whether you ignore it or not.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net