[geeks] Okay, I relent.

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Apr 21 11:47:54 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 07:49:15PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:

> I've always had good success installing RedHat, with the latest versions
> installing and upgrading without any problems.

You're about the only person who has managed that then :-)

> > Now, to get PCMCIA working so I can pop an 802.11b card in this bad boy and
> > put it on my coffee table.
> If PCMCIA didn't work after install I wouldn't say Debian installs
> without a hitch.

Last time I installed Debian on a box which had PCMCIA, it was an optional
extra which I added later.

> Debian is also a PITA to get an ISO image, since you have to
> use theirs tools to build your own official ISO.

This is untrue.

> The politics make Debian the OpenBSD of the Linux distributions,
> too.

Balls.  It's *much* easier to ignore the politics with Debian.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  There is no sigmonster