[geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Apr 18 15:19:38 CDT 2002

[ On Thursday, April 18, 2002 at 19:45:43 (+0100), David Cantrell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....
>
> None.  Now, what part of the simple question "so you're saying NetBSD can
> magically run binaries which never go anywhere near any gcc-compiled code?"
> did YOU not understand?  I KNOW that you didn't understand part of it, for
> you failed to answer it.

You can change the question as often as you wish in order to escape the
answer to the original question.....  I won't play along....

> You stated that NetBSD's kernel was always compiled with gcc.

No, I didn't say that actually -- I said, paraphrasing here, that
without changes it probably needs to be compiled with GCC for now,
though that wasn't always the case.  That was based on a report by
someone not terribly familiar with the language specific differences of
various compilers trying to compile the current code (for some
unspecified definition of "current" ;-) using another compiler.

I suggested that it's probably not that hard to port it to some other
compiler, esp. given that it hasn't really had all that long to degrade
into GCC-only code.

--
								Greg A. Woods