[geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Apr 18 13:45:43 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 01:56:47PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > > It sure can.  I've run a NetBSD/sun3 kernel on a strictly SunOS-4
> > > user-land.
> >
> > I'm sorry, did you not say that the kernel was always compiled with gcc?
>
> What part of this simple statement, which one should immediately derive
> in one's mind after reading the above question and answer, do you not
> understand?
>
> 	NetBSD can run binaries which were not in any way produced by,
> 	or even remotely touched by, GCC.

None.  Now, what part of the simple question "so you're saying NetBSD can
magically run binaries which never go anywhere near any gcc-compiled code?"
did YOU not understand?  I KNOW that you didn't understand part of it, for
you failed to answer it.

You stated that NetBSD's kernel was always compiled with gcc.  Therefore,
for it to run foreign binaries without them going anywhere neat any gcc-
compiled code, either your claim that it can run code without going near
gcc-compiled code is false, or your claim that the kernel is always
compiled with gcc is false.  Which is it to be Mr. Know-it-all?

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie