[geeks] Going the extra mile

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Thu Apr 18 08:48:44 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 06:55:31AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:

> We call it comp time. Work Saturday, take Monday off (or save it for another
> time). Work late, wander in at noon the next day.

i work third shift.  there is no one to cover for me if i want to take off.
i'm completely screwed. ;)

> We also do "project lunches/dinners". When a big project goes well those
> involved are invited to a nice restaurant for lunch or dinner.

this is rare, but does happen.

> For our big datacenter moves (thanks a lot Wrexodus), we got Amex Gift
> Cheques (same as cash) each time (nice ammount too).

i was supposed to get a big bonus for our recent move out of exodus and into
worldcomm.  i have yet to see it though.  i also have yet to see any of my
expense stuff either.  or the money they promised me for internet connectivity.
it's time to go on the war path.

-brian
--
>  Of course...a PeeCee is useless after it's four months old, remember?
No, no. It's *valueless* after it's four months old.
It's useless the moment it's made.                   -- David Fischer --