[geeks] sigh.

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 18 09:07:36 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Bill Bradford [mailto:mrbill at mrbill.net]
~ Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 5:36 PM
~ To: geeks at sunhelp.org
~ Subject: [geeks] sigh.
~
~ Sometimes i wonder if doing this is worth it at all.
~
~ Do you people *enjoy* these lists, get some usefulness out of them?
~

Yes I enjoy these lists, esp. geeks (where a geek can be a geek).

As far as usefullness, dude, it saved my job. I had limited Solaris knowlege
when I started my job, and the lists/resources allowed me to learn fast what
I needed to know. I'm not an admin, but I have to admin Sunboxen every 6
weeks for an oncall rotation (and we have Sun DNS/etc. boxes that are in my
job description).

~ Sometimes I wonder if the enjoyment I get out of these lists is worth
~ the effort I put into them and the hassle I occasionally get back out
~ of them..

Ahh... thats your call. You could also limit your hassle exposure by doing
things like not entertaining fools (you're too nice sometimes).