[geeks] FSCK windows...

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Apr 16 21:56:04 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> So, I had to reload a Compaq today.  Windows sucks.

[snip]

> Unlike Solaris, or MacOS X, Windows likes to ask questions at various
> points throughout the install.  It's REBOOTED ITSELF FIVE TIMES!

[snip]

> I can't believe people use this in their homes.  Egad.

This is why so many linux people get SO frustrated by people who complain
about Linux's install process.  Everyone who talks about how much harder
Linux is to install than Windows generally HASN'T installed windows.
They are comparing putting on an OS to using the pre-installed one
that came with their peecee.

Hell, I'd wager some of the weenie "distros" are much easier to install
than windows, but it's tough to compete with "already done".

--Kurt