[geeks] FSCK windows...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Apr 16 20:24:37 CDT 2002

> I mean, Win 3.1 was O.K., it made DOS fun.
>
> I can't believe people use this in their homes.  Egad.

I applied a service pack to Karin's computer today to fix the fscking
issues with IW and execution of code in the preview window.

The patch broke windows.  It wouldn't boot.  BSOD right after the boot
loader quits. ARRGH!

Had to boot into 'safe' mode to let the patch continue to update
itself.  >8-(

I'm literally *begging* and *pleading* with her to use something else.
The only sticking point is a financial management package that
approximates MS Money.  I've shown her gnucash, and she likes it, but
she won't commit yet.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com