[geeks] Work getting slow

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Apr 16 05:00:41 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 02:07:49AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> my dad gave me the best advice on backing one of those up.
>
> "the best way to back up a truck of that size is to avoid getting yourself
> into the situation where you have to back up.  if you can avoid it, do so
> at all costs."

There's a stupormarket next to the station I get my train from every morning.
I'm usually waiting on the platform at the same time as a bunch of deliveries
are coming in.  Despite having seen them doing it every day for the past few
years, it's still a pleasure to see the drivers backing into the loading bay.
Those men and woman are ARTISTS.  Oh, and they have just a foot or so clearance on either side, and maybe one and a half times their own length to maneuvre
in.

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

   Lefties are usually well-intentioned at least, and possess
   a far greater command of grammar and spelling.
      -- Noel, in soc.history.what-if