[geeks] Work getting slow

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Apr 16 07:55:03 CDT 2002

> my dad gave me the best advice on backing one of those up.
>
> "the best way to back up a truck of that size is to avoid getting yourself
> into the situation where you have to back up.  if you can avoid it, do so
> at all costs."

Sage advice.  Some warehouses even have the equivalent of 'tug boats'.
The long haul driver pulls into the yard with a trailer (or two) and
drops them somewhere in the yard after pulling in.  The responsibility
of backing them up to the building belongs to the warehouse operator -
and that's where the 'tugboats' come in.  Little stripped out tractors
with barely enough engine to move the trailers around the yard - piloted
by a employee of the warehouse with special training in backing up.  I
suppose that's more like harbor pilot though...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com